Tuesday 14 April 2015

Focus group

Focus group                                                          

The questions I will ask my focus group of around 6 people from 16-18 year olds, I will also aim to ask a female who is in their twenties, this would then be used to compare the two age groups and will be interesting if both say similar or different responses.

Questions
1 - Do you like the choice of font on this vogue magazine? and also my made example?
2- What colours are you interested in for a background/font colour?
3- What fonts don't you like?
4- What makes a front cover of a fashion magazine appealing to you?
5- What would you like to find in a fashion magazine?
6- Do you prefer models or celebrities on the cover as the main image?
7- Or do you prefer to see ordinary people who are not covered in makeup and who doesn't look 'perfect'? -This would mean it looks like them so it reflects the audience and also relates to them.
8- What are your first impressions of this vogue magazine, and my first plan cover?
9- what do you like and not like about them?
10- Do you like this simple lay out?





Answers:

Freya aged 16
1- Yes, I really like this front cover as I really like this model Jourdan Dunn, I have seen her before in other modelling and many clothes look good on her and suits her.
The high key lighting on face brings out feminine features, especially check bones.
l like the spring theme of colours, which is green and orange with white this all works together and also gives a summery feeling.

2- I like light grey tones on a background, I also love matt colours because it gives a nice background. however this means it wouldn't be shiny as normal magazine covers are.
I like white coloured font as it is bright and stands out against strong backgrounds. 
I would also like to see a tone of red against a grey strong coloured background.  

3- I  don't like the text it is too chunky and thick and not suitable for fashion magazines, as this makes them look boring and too simple. However I like font
like capitalised  you have used for your masthead and also the font Vogue has used this looks stylish. I don't like the font too curvy and joined up it looks too much like handwriting.

4- I like the text to be bold so it stands out. The images need to be strong and complimented by the colours. Also I think for a fashion magazine it needs to look sophisticated, so not too much going on or huge blocks of colour like other magazines use.

5- I would like to find the latest trends and to be up to date with fashion at that current time or month.  I would like to see celebrities and models, so I can see what is popular and in at this season. I like the idea of make up tips in the magazine because it gives new ideas which I have never tried before.
I would also like to see models wearing the clothes from high street shops so can see the clothing on and see what goes together, because its hard finding different clothing with no ideas of what I want to get. 
inspired by this
shops high street prices


6- I prefer to see models on the cover  because it makes it to do with fashion and not more about gossip and there lives as it would if it was a gossip magazine. However I do like Chloe grace mortez I think she has a good fashion sense that relates to my age group.


7- Yes I would like to see normal people as it would relate to everyday people and lives instead of photo shopped models with perfect bodies and skin. But I don't know if that would be recognisable as many people recognise the cover image.


8- For your own example I am not too fond of background shade I prefer it to be darker and I don't like the contrast with her clothes.
I  do like the font and the 'O' with line through it
I like the shortening of the name instead of Chloe which is a girls name, it makes it slightly different.
I don't like yellow writing on the page, it is not very readable.
For the Vogue example with Jourdan Dunn, I really like this because the colours are bright and it has a sense of summer and warm, and it brings a sense of happiness because the nice bright weather always lightens the mood.


9- For your magazine cover example, I am not too sure about the miss in the name.
 


10- Yes as I don't like too complicated and highly dense writing on covers. It doesn't give a direct focal point, and I don't really know what to look at as there's too much going on.































 

No comments:

Post a Comment